I recently attended a styling workshop at Northland Shopping Centre hosted by The Three Piece Suit. I have seen their work via Instagram and ladies it’s to die for! From the weddings to events, Belinda and her team are incredible.
Jess, the owner of @abrokegirlwithexpensivetaste and I could not wait to get started. What I loved about this event was that it was hands on. Belinda took us through all the essential steps needed to make a great dinner party. Now you may think you already know all this but I am new to entertaining, especially with moving into my new home, so this workshop was needed for an amateur housewife in the making, me.
Tips I picked up when entertaining and styling a dinner table
- Have background music
- Light a candle or incense stick
- Have a conversation starter for guests; a beautiful centrepiece does the work
- In the bathroom add a little candle or flower in a vase that matches your table setting.
- Get creative with your table setting; think placemats over tablecloth, arrange your serviettes in more creative ways (add a flower, tie up some thread, let the serviette drop off the table a little)
- Purchase random dishes, not everything needs to come in a set
- Don’t ruin a beautiful dinner set by adding a white dish for your starters.
- Linen spray is totally a thing, shop here
We also got to put together a flower arrangement and keep the entire thing (spoilt as always). I had the most amazing vase … wait for it ladies, it’s called a vessel, not a vase … always learning hey?
How often do we all buy flowers and just throw them in a vessel? Belinda advised us to lay all the flowers out, cut flowers when required, and pull a few leaves off if needed to create a beautiful arrangement.
I loved all the little tricks she showed us and both tables looked amazing! For only $20 we received a wonderful gift bag, voucher and got to keep our arrangement, the best $20 I have spent in a long time.
I can’t wait to have my family and friends over and show off the new skills I picked up.
Check out The Three Piece Suit here, I’m sure I will be using the tips for my wedding when I get off my lazy ass and actually plan it.