Guess what guys – I may have failed at pilaf, but I’ve only gone and made a successful risotto! Just ask Jess from @abrokegirlwithexpensivetaste. As bloggers, we get invited to a bunch of events and get sent alllllll the delicious goodies to trial on the regular – it’s all in the name of content, right ladies? I know, I know, it’s such a hard life!
In all honesty, I love this lifestyle, but am starting to put on a few extra KGs. 8 of the buggers, to be exact.
I love Googling healthy recipes, and I recently signed up to The Healthy Mummy newsletter.
There are so many success stories on the website, and it’s packed with delicious recipes that you wouldn’t believe are weightloss-worthy! So, I thought I would put one to the test and try out some new foodie blogger mail goodies while I was at it.
What you need:
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. I actually used Coco Earth organic premium extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/3 cup Arborio rice (weight uncooked). I used Josh & Sue Paella Rice
- 1 litre of reduced salt liquid chicken stock
- 2 bunches asparagus
- Salt & pepper. I used Josh & Sue 4 Season Salt and Pepper Grinder
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- Fresh parsley to serve (ummm yeah I didn’t have that so I skipped that step! #notsorry)
As you will see, I changed a few items from the original recipe and included mushrooms. Get creative with your cooking, girls!
- Simply heat oil in saucepan on medium heat
- Add in onions and garlic, followed by rice, and stir for 3 minutes
- Heat stock in a saucepan and keep on a low simmer
- Add the warm stock to the rice (a little at a time)
- Keep stirring so rice doesn’t burn on the bottom of the saucepan
- Add in asparagus, tomato and mushrooms when water has absorbed, and season with salt and pepper
- Turn heat to low and set with lid for around 15 mins
We seasoned with a little halloumi – if you read my blog regularly you’ll know halloumi is life.
I got 5 serves out of this recipe, and it’s also freezer friendly – great for a #mealprep Instagram brag, right?! So there you have it, ladies. A healthy and delicious meal (lol I know that sounds so cliché.)
Give this one a try and tag me on Instagram in your creations! @insincerelyher
Disclaimer: I was kindly gifted products from Coco Earth and Josh and Sue, but all risotto-loving and halloumi-worshipping my own. Original recipe via the The Healthy Mummy. Big thanks to Jess for helping me eat this delicious risotto.
Post editing was provided by Emma Edwards of blogger services company, Kitt Me Out. Find them on Instagram @kittmeout